Manchester Metropolitan University
Education jobs in the UK: Manchester Metropolitan University has developed a clear vision and a compelling strategy. Its ambition is simple: to be the best modern university in the sector, where students and staff alike are equipped with every resource to excel, and play a full and rewarding role in strengthening Manchester’s enviable reputation as a global university city. With a refreshed academic strategy, a strong financial platform, an award-winning estate, and ambitious investment plans, few universities could be better placed to succeed.
About this education job
As Director of Education Services, we will look to you to bring strategic professional leadership to a new department of approximately 200 staff that will provide a broad range of academic administrative services for our undergraduate and taught postgraduate provision (including a number of programmes that we deliver in partnership with other institutions and organisations). You will be responsible for ensuring that the work of the Education Services department is aligned with University strategies and priorities, that the department responds rapidly and successfully to change, and that it gives the best possible service to students and the University’s faculties and academic departments.
You will also oversee the frameworks, policies and procedures that assure the standards of the University’s academic awards, and you will lead the delivery of efficient and effective curriculum, student and assessment management processes that make optimum use of core University systems and other resources.
To be successful in this role we will need you to have::
- extensive experience of leading, managing and developing academic administrative services in a large and complex higher education institution;
- a strong and demonstrable commitment to providing an excellent experience for students and the wider University community;
- a track record of innovation in service delivery, and of adjusting services and processes at pace to meet changing requirements;
- a collaborative approach to working with, and influencing, senior academic and professional services colleagues;
- proven ability to lead large teams and to inspire and motivate others to succeed;
- a clear focus on value for money and making optimum use of resources.
To make an initial informal enquiry about the post, please contact Alexander Thorley, Academic Registrar, at A.Thorley@mmu.ac.uk.
- Closing Date: Friday 19th February 2021
- Interview Date: Friday 12th March 2021
Manchester Metropolitan University is committed to supporting the rights, responsibilities, dignity, health and wellbeing of staff and students through our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, irrespective of background, belief or identity, recognising the benefits that a diverse organisation can bring . We particularly encourage applications from Black and Minority Ethnic candidates, who we recognise are underrepresented in this area.
We recognise the benefits and importance of an environment that supports flexible working and are open to conversations about this throughout the application process.